- Handy, pocket-sized box of disposable foam earplugs – 5 pairs.
- The world’s first ear plugs, setting the standard in hearing protection.
- Slow recovery, low pressure foam conforms to the shape of the ear canal.
- Moisture-resistant, helps maintain a consistent expansion time.
- Textured surface helps to keep the ear plugs in place.
- EN 352-2:2002 tested & certified.
- NR 28dB
Fitting Instructions for 3M E-A-R Classic Earplugs
- With clean hands, roll (don’t squeeze) the ear plug between your thumb and first 2 fingers until the diameter of the plug is as small as possible.
- Reach over your head with the opposite hand and pull the top of your ear to open the ear canal.
- While you are holding the ear open, quickly push the rolled end of the plug into your ear as far as possible.
- Keep your finger on the end of the plug for about 10 seconds until the plug expands to seal the ear.
- The disposable ear plug should be properly positioned in the ear canal.
Checking the fit of your 3M Ear Plugs
- Always fit your ear plugs so that they seal the ear closed. Once you put both plugs in, check the fit by talking out loud. Your voice should sound hollow, as if you are talking in a barrel. The noises around you should not sound as loud as they did before you put the plugs in.
- If you aren’t sure you have inserted the foam plug correctly, take it out of your ear and look at it before it expands. There should be no wrinkles or creases in the plug. At least 1⁄2 to 1⁄3 of the plug should be curved like the shape of your ear canal.
- Re-check the fit often. Your ear plugs may loosen up when you talk and chew. If this happens, you could lose your protection from noise.
- If you don’t get a good seal, you may get little or no protection from noise, so try another type of hearing protector.
Below are related product data sheets, click to download and view a datasheet.